The Working Group Digital Humanities in Theatre Research of the International Federation for Theatre Research (IFTR) will be meeting at the next annual IFTR conference at the University of Arts in Belgrade, Serbia, 9-13 July, 2018. The call for papers can be downloaded here.
We are soliciting papers and project presentations that represent the full range of experience theatre scholars and practitioners have with Digital Humanities.
We are especially interested in topics that:
- Introduce important digital humanities projects in theatre and performance studies.
- Examine the theoretical implications of Digital Humanities for our research into theatre and performance
- Explore new methodologies in theatre research based on digital technologies
- Focus on digital theatre history and historiography
- Discuss best practices for digital humanities projects in theatre and performance
- Elaborate on innovations in academic curricula in theatre and performance studies inspired by the Digital Humanities
- Investigate the challenges of crowdsourcing or the use of “citizen scholars” in Digital Humanities research.
Working groups are not required to address the theme of an IFTR conference but papers which enter into conversation with the theme are most welcome. The theme of the 2018 conference will be Theatre and Migration. Theatre, Nation and Identity: between Migration and Stasis.
Abstracts are due by Monday, 15 January, 2018 and are to be submitted through the Cambridge Core website https://www.cambridge.org/core/membership/iftr where you can also find information on IFTR membership and a link to the conference website with full details of the conference.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the WG convenors,
Franklin J. Hildy (University of Maryland): firstname.lastname@example.org